Monday, January 08, 2007

Italia Tour - Xmas 2006

Wow.. Awesome... That's all I've got to say about the whole trip. I was so in awe that I really don't have better words for describing my feeling. Another amazing adventure and experience in a whole new world!!!
Three days off and I get a whole week's worth of time on my hands and I had to go somewhere instead of staying back in this dead city of Oslo. I mean really, Oslo is completely dead during Xmas time with everybody packing their bags off and going to their family or to Mountains to ski or go some place else. So I had to do something or I will go crazy and first thing that struck me was Italy tour. Been thinking of this trip for such a long time and trying to coordinate with a friend of mine, who was also interested in going along with me. I tried to plan the trip with my friend but unfortunately he backed out due to other reasons. So left on my own and 3 days to go I had really get my act together.
Fortunately I got some cheap flight tickets (not so cheap actually but cheaper for this busy Xmas season) with Ryan Air for my onward journey and new Low cost carrier called Wizzair for my return flight. Luckily I also managed to get some Hostel booking at Hostelling International at some cheap rates, as I was a HI member. So with that done, I was all set just 2 days to go. So then I went to my local library and borrowed a Lonely Planet book about Italy. This is the mother of all Tour books with all the neccessary information for a budget tourist. Since this post could go really long, I ve split this up according to my trip diary for each city I visited. Enjoy the trip diary... To visit the Individual blogs, please click on the City names and for photos Check out the link next to the each Blog..




Milano Blog - Milano Photos
Firenze Blog - Firenze & Pisa Photos
Rome Blog - Rome Photos


Ciao

** Still working on the invidual blogs and photos.. so please check back later.. Should be up soon.

1 comment:

Sriram said...

@Secret Lady: Thank you or should I say 'obrigado caro'... Cheers!